Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 1 week ago #9585

Idea how about starting the Yerington coarse right behind Walker River Resort?

Also is there going to be any payback since we are all bringing the show? I wouldn't mind paying a higher entry. I say 750 for pro entry, which would give a 200$ per car per class return. and make sportsman at 450$ and some where in between for limited. Just an idea thanks for reading and listening . comments welcome PEACE!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 1 week ago #9586

Sorry for the typo aned. and

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 6 days ago #9588

• y2kbaja
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
I think we have a better chance racing Weeks with Yerington as host. Roads in the Weeks area might be permitted. i know Yerington would love to see us back

As far as entriy fees. I didn't realize all big car classes pay the same. Yikes.
--No one has been to more Vorra races than me...including my dad!

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 6 days ago #9589

• y2kbaja
  • Gold Boarder
I think we have a better chance racing Weeks with Yerington as host. Roads in the Weeks area might be permitted. i know Yerington would love to see us back

As far as entriy fees. I didn't realize all big car classes pay the same. Yikes. And since I will be collecting cans and rolling quarters for entry this year please don't raise class 9 entry fees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DirtDgr

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 5 days ago #9591

• gimp1984
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
or stage race in smith valley
old wore out racer

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 5 days ago #9592

Y2K I understand your dilemma but think about the entry say you guys pay 600$ it is to help the class out. If you when great less money you have to put in for the next race. if not race sportsman for 450$, if you just want a trophy and seat time.

Gimp I like that idea also what about Smith Valley to Fallon and back or even vice versa. Y2K I also like the idea of running weeks say start in Fallon and the old loop race From the Drag strip to weeks of like four or five laps. I know the problem with Yerington is the Mine.

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 5 days ago #9593

Dam I suck at typing when is suppose to be win.

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 5 days ago #9594

• aaron
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Is there a reason we dont race out of fernley like we did for the 500 back in '11? That was a fun course. I know it takes a lot to do these races but I hate only having 2 desert races per season.

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 4 days ago #9595

I'm with Aaron on this, only 2 desert races. Also there was a course back in the 80's Dayton 250 or 300 not sure on mileage. Verling might even have an old map. Sorry E don't mean to date you lol! I know shorter lap races are a little easier to do.

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 4 days ago #9596

• gimp1984
  • Expert Boarder
Fallon now has more closed areas due to bombing areas etc.
old wore out racer

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 4 days ago #9597

• gimp1984
  • Expert Boarder
how about the south end of Adrain Valley near Smith Valley to Dayton and back to not have to cross hwy 95 (you should get at least 200 to 250 miles out of course )
old wore out racer
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by gimp1984.

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 3 days ago #9598

That sounds awesome I would be down for that. Now how many racers would be willing to do that and is Vorra willing? Also I know Vorra has to submit a map plan to Blm. I am willing to help with that.Anyone else?

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 3 days ago #9599

• Pruynj
  • Fresh Boarder
I'd run my Rzr

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 3 days ago #9600

What about Staging Start/Finish in Dayton at, the Rodeo grounds where the finish is for Vegas to Reno?
Last Edit: 1 month 3 days ago by sagebrushkiller.

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 3 days ago #9601

• y2kbaja
  • Gold Boarder
The problem is it's all about money. VORRA reduced the entries by eliminating payback to bring racers out. I don't think it's worked as car counts are still low. If entries go up then I'm out. Like I said, I'm rolling quarters and cashing in cans for entry broke but I wanna race.
It takes lots of money to introduce new race courses...like $20-30 thousand to get a new race course. We can't just go out and mark courses anymore. And all old race courses that don't have current permits are considered new race courses. These are all great ideas but in the long run it takes money.
Yerington is all but dead for race courses. We can't run the SF because of the mine on the Ytown side, we can't run the other side because of mining, we can't run south towards Smith because of historical areas.
What you say, Fallon has more closures? is it Arterial Canyon loop we tried to run last year?
Dayton has only 1-way in and 1-way out, so a loop race is no bueno from there. Dayton to Weeks and back in the 80's was just that, in the 80's. (BTW, that was my first race in 1984 at 14 as co-driver).
Fernley is also one way in and out. Start finish at the loop tie (Nightingale) I don't know about. The course there is kinda boring.
I heard we lost Lovelock due to private property on the back side.
So that leaves us with the current Fallon and Hawthorne courses.
Cross promoting with is the future the way I see it. BORE in Bonneville, More, Snore. They should race Hawthorne with us and we should race one of their races.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackassracing89

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 3 days ago #9602

Talk about rolling quarters. Snore I seen is 705$ not to mention the cost of going down there. I would rather spend the extra money here then. go down south. Also curious about the cost of doing a new course, would like to know the actual break down on that. Not just a geusstimate. Why did VORRA lose its numbers? Guess I'll just collect cans to race in the south where at least I might have a chance on winning some money back, to of set my cost. If not oh well. Just keep saving my cans and not throw away 500$ with VORRA Sorry guys have fun pre running for 500$.

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 2 days ago #9603

• jackassracing89
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
sagebrushkiller wrote:
Talk about rolling quarters. Snore I seen is 705$ not to mention the cost of going down there. I would rather spend the extra money here then. go down south. Also curious about the cost of doing a new course, would like to know the actual break down on that. Not just a geusstimate. Why did VORRA lose its numbers? Guess I'll just collect cans to race in the south where at least I might have a chance on winning some money back, to of set my cost. If not oh well. Just keep saving my cans and not throw away 500$ with VORRA Sorry guys have fun pre running for 500$.

The cost for the new course is for the permits. BLM charges 20k to perform a land survey and effect on land and animals. Prior to BlM performing this bs inspection, all roads wanting to be used must be gps marked, by us, then submitted to BLM. after the fee has been paid, it takes a min. of 2 years for the inspection to be done. And there is no guarantee that after the inspection, we will get the land approved to race it. Once the permit has been issued, theres more. BlM comes to every race, god for bid if a corner is cut to much, or a seperate line is formed, we get the X if you know what I mean. Finally, after the race is over, the land roads used must be put back to pre race quality. Which means dragging the course, knocking corner berms down, and picking up any trash, spare tires and who knows what more. I spent alot of time last year talking to the BLM is yerington, trying to find a way to make a course work. Everything but impossible.

I appreciate everyones ideas, but trust me, as long as the BLM has the power that they do, racing in northern nevada is only going to get tougher and tougher. And thats why it is important to race the approved courses we have now, so we have a better chance of keeping those courses in the future.
You must be fast cause i was hauling a$$ when i passed you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sagebrushkiller

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 2 days ago #9604

Thanks JARacing. for the info on that. How about this for the current courses make it mandatory if your going to race, have a person that represents the team help with the clean up and restore of the course. and if not hit the team with a 30 minute penalty on that race. Or No representative No race for that team. Have races on Saturday and clean up on Sunday or three day weekend as usual. Race Sunday clean up Mon.

How about Entry fees, Payback ,and Contingencies? Sorry to be a pain, but there has to be more benefits to race, Than just give me your money and peace. There has to be some sort of payback for the racers. More racers you can get the war fund will grow, if not the future does not look good for racing up here. Which is what BLM I'm sure wants.

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 2 days ago #9605

• jackassracing89
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
sagebrushkiller wrote:
Thanks JARacing. for the info on that. How about this for the current courses make it mandatory if your going to race, have a person that represents the team help with the clean up and restore of the course. and if not hit the team with a 30 minute penalty on that race. Or No representative No race for that team. Have races on Saturday and clean up on Sunday or three day weekend as usual. Race Sunday clean up Mon.

How about Entry fees, Payback ,and Contingencies? Sorry to be a pain, but there has to be more benefits to race, Than just give me your money and peace. There has to be some sort of payback for the racers. More racers you can get the war fund will grow, if not the future does not look good for racing up here. Which is what BLM I'm sure wants.

That's a great idea, most of the time, after the race, people are done and done and get out of dodge. The clean up is not to bad. Luckily, Wes has a few key members that are there to help at any time of the day. Other's like myself, are limited due to work with my schedule. I like Snore's idea. You can have a volunteer at each race, which counts for season ending points. I know I even worked a road crossing at BAP a few years back to help with points to a racer. Kinda a cool idea.

As for entrys and payback. This is why we need more people to show up at the annual rules meeting. This year, we had a total of 25 people. 10 of those being vorra crew! Entry fees and payback were discussed at length. Wes has yet to give a final word on it. But its hard to figure, with keeping lower entry fees to be affordable, to add money so someone can win $100.00 bucks when its all said and done. The biggest issue comes to this, and Wes discussed this at the meeting. If we add a payback to the entry, the cali government, IE prairie city and BLM. will tax wes on the money paid out.
Basically. there is a tax on all payback. And a few years ago, when Jim took over, he removed payback, just to keep vorra going, it saved Jim from paying thousands every year on taxes and keeping the overhead as low as possible. In order to have a legit payback, entry's would need to rise at least $150.00 per race. Is it worth it?
So the solution? I have been promoting it for 2 years, Side bets. in the 2 years, class 10 did it once.Appoint a "dealer" and as a class figure a payback and side bet to get the money back in your pocket.
To be 100% honest. I'm getting tired of hearing people saying they wont race unless there's payback. Or "hey is there gonna be any class ? at this race, cause I wont go race myself". Don't you people understand that not showing up isn't gonna get more people to race or attend? I raced for many years, and still do from time to time when someone will let me. lol. But I didn't care if I was racing 2 cars or 20 cars. although a lot more fun with 20, a race was a race. If i wanted to race, i went to the race. I didn't sit at home and make bs excuses as to why i didn't show up. And in the end, in order to win money, you would need to win or take a top 3 in order to get a piece back! Like the old saying goes, if your looking to make a million dollar racing off road, you better start with 5 million.
You must be fast cause i was hauling a$$ when i passed you.

Yerington Coarse Idea aned payback 1 month 2 days ago #9606

• gimp1984
  • Expert Boarder
has anyone checked about racing in Punkin hollow area or the yeington land (east side of valley)
area?
old wore out racer
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds