Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 4 weeks ago #9188

• jcarius
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
I wanted to share (with his permission) a letter that Sam Johnson sent me, and my reply:
---
Jim,

I'm curious as to why VORRA would schedule conflicting race dates with The Reno Short Course series? Your losing car count in your series and so is Lucas oils. Also I have heard that the last Halloween race has been scheduled at Prairie City. After last year’s great success in Reno by both racers and fans I don't know why you would not go back? Cars that will go to Prairie City to race will go to Reno, but the same is not true the other way. We saw several cars come out of retirement last year for the last race and with such great responses from everyone last year I wonder why you wouldn't continue with the momentum?

Maybe there is more to the back story (there often is and seems so much simpler from the outside) but I figured we are all talking about it and I have yet to run into another fellow racer that doesn't feel the same way, so I figured it would be better to say something.

I know VORRA has had some major challenges this year and I would love nothing more to see both series be successful but if these same things go unchanged I'm afraid car counts will continue to suffer.

Just a concerned racer.

Respectfully,

Sam Johnson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 4 weeks ago #9189

• jcarius
  • Senior Boarder
My reply:
---
The real story: The VORRA races were already on the schedule when the folks at Wild West Motorsports Park set the local race set theres. On top of that, after there first race was cancelled (actaully made into a 'test and tune' day), I was contacted and asked if I and the VORRAteers could help - and if we could perhaps jointly promote a couple races this year.

We talked about how we could work this so that racers could make both venues work, I offered up some dates, I was told that it all sounded good ...

Then I found they'd scheduled right on top of us. I'm not sure if it was just a brain fart or they did it on purpose, but I've reached out a couple times to them and gotten no response.

The real question is why did the Reno Short Course folks schedule their dates to conflict with us.

My opinion - It sucks. The good news is if you don't screw up your car on Saturday you can race Sunday with VORRA. Of course, I'd rather see folks race with us - not just for the car count, but also to support an organization that actually cares about the racers.

With that said - I'm still willing to work with Wild West Motorsports Park to hold an event or two their next year, co-promote events, whatever!

I've already pulled the spring permits for Prairie City - I'm planning on having our schedule out in October. I don't know what else I can do.

If you don't mind, can post your letter in the forums so I can answer it publicly - and ask if the racers want us to change the last 2 race dates if possible (It may not be ...)

Sincerely,

Jim

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 4 weeks ago #9190

• jcarius
  • Senior Boarder
So the question is: Should VORRA try and change our race date (from September 27th)? Would it help most of the racers? Please reply here or shoot me an email. I'm not eve sure if we can reschedule this point - but I'm willing to bring it up to Prairie City and see what they say.

As always I want to do whatever is best for the VORRA racers and fans.

Thanks!

Jim Carius
Last Edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by jcarius.

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 4 weeks ago #9191

• MadMyres
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
This is in reference to next years schedule right?

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 4 weeks ago #9192

• jcarius
  • Senior Boarder
I've edited this after looking at the schedules again, side by side. Note to self: never do this when you are tired and the kids are running around!

The real issue is the race on September 27th - the same day as our first fall race. We might be able to move it to the next weekend if the Park is OK with it ... But like I say - up to the racers.

Jim
Last Edit: 11 months 4 weeks ago by jcarius.

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 4 weeks ago #9193

• MadMyres
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Gotcha. Since I don't usually make PC, I will defer to those who do

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 4 weeks ago #9197

• y2kbaja
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
I see two conflicting dates for 2014.
August 30 AND September 27.
When the VORRA schedule was originally announced late 2013 the September 28 VORRA race was at WW. After Jim took over it was moved to PC due to costs (renting WW).

Is WW the holy grail of short course racing in nor Cal and Nev--Maybe.
Is PC the holy grail of short course racing in nor Cal and Nev--Maybe.
Is PC working on moving and building a purpose built short course facility--YES.
Does WW and VORRA need to work together (not separate) to put on races--YES.
Does VORRA need to work with other race organizations to co- or cross-promote--YES.
--No one has been to more Vorra races than me...including my dad!

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 4 weeks ago #9198

• y2kbaja
  • Gold Boarder
jcarius wrote:
I've edited this after looking at the schedules again, side by side. Note to self: never do this when you are tired and the kids are running around!

The real issue is the race on September 27th - the same day as our first fall race. We might be able to move it to the next weekend if the Park is OK with it ... But like I say - up to the racers.

Jim

From FB we will lose the UTV's if moved to Oct 4-5 because of BITD Bluewater.

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 4 weeks ago #9199

• Bruce Field
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Jim and Vorra:

From a long term Vorra racer 15+ years we personally love PC.
With that said it was absolutely awesome to race the Wild West Reno race course last year as the year end event.

Our team can say that for the year end Halloween event let's do the Reno Wild West race course .
It is a step up an and an awesome race course for us all including Vorra as a race organization.

Jim thanks for stepping up and running Vorra.

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 3 weeks ago #9224

• Derickpete
  • Fresh Boarder
Living in the Reno area, Wildwest was a great race last year and I think it could be a much bigger event than last year. Would love to see it work out so we can run there again.

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 2 weeks ago #9235

• mrrickbear
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I must admit that Wildwest Motorsports Park looks like a lot of fun. I missed it last year because I was out of the country, which I am a lot at that time of the year, but it looks like a great track.
da Bear
Old Dudes Racing Team
Da Bear and Slick

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 2 weeks ago #9236

• jcarius
  • Senior Boarder
Just want to let everyone know ...

After some reflection - Our dates for this year (Sept 27-28 and Oct 25-26) are basically set in stone. I promised in May that I would keep this schedule - and I'm going to do it. Blowing in the winds caused by others is not my style.

For next year - there are some big things in the winds. Stay tuned!

See you at PC!

Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: 9Iron

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 3 days ago #9256

• y2kbaja
  • Gold Boarder
This was posted on RDC by Reno WW.
"After discussions with officials at VORRA, we have decided to postpone our calendar until 2015. Both scheduled races were in conflict with VORRA dates and it was not possible to reschedule dates at this time. We will be having further discussions with VORRA in October to work out details of a 2015 schedule."

VORRA & Loors Reno Regionals Schedule Conflict 11 months 3 days ago #9257

• jcarius
  • Senior Boarder
The manager of Wild West and I had a long heart-to-heart. We will definitely be exploring how to host at least one race there next year!

Jim
Time to create page: 0.429 seconds